Retiring can be one of the biggest decision in life. A high percentage of Australians are worried, will they have enough to retire? Also how will they generate the required income to meet their retirement lifestyle needs?
There’s no secret to a comfortable retirement, those who put a plan in place early to address these concerns are more likely to meet all their goals in the future. Those who leave it too late and don’t seek professional advice, will mostly likely need to make some major adjustments in their retirement, or sadly continue to work. Not what Australians should be doing in what should be the most enjoyable years of your life.
The majority of people do not seek advice early enough and this can mean working longer than they need to. There are strategies that can help reduce your mortgage and build your nest egg as you approach retirement.
We can advise you on:
- Transitioning to retirement pensions
- Paying down your home mortgage and other non-deductible debts quickly and efficiently
- Ensuring your superannuation is invested appropriately for your individual situation and objectives
- Starting to formulate a plan of when you would like to retire, what you might be able to afford to spend in retirement; and
- How much you need to start saving now in order to make this possible